Tuesday, September 29, 2009

HW #6 Part 2 - Thoughts on the VIDEO project:

I made the video on Monday morning almost right after I woke up. I grabbed my moms Flip video recorder and took it around my house. I choose to show my dad working at his desk because he is the first person I see EVERY morning from my bedroom window, his office is at home and he is a film maker so he constantly has headphones on (in that particular shot he has his hood on because he did not wanna be on film that early) he is always either busy writing emails or editing his films on final cut pro. Most mornings when I don't have school I veg in front of the television (most of the times I watch in my parents room, they have the nice flat screen.) I normally watch for a few hours cause I guess my body has been trained not to function very well with out my TV, it is a transition from lounging in PJS to getting up, taking a shower, getting dressed and leaving for the rest of the day.

When I watched back the film I shoot I felt extremely self conscious, I felt like the look on my face when I watch a screen was almost zombie like, my mouth was open and eyes wide open to the TV screen. It seemed like nothing else around me mattered. I was clearly very immersed in what i was watching but it took me a few minutes of aimless flipping and clicking the remote around to settle on a show.

Over all I noticed one thing we may depend on the technology but boy, let me tell you, its not perfect! Uploading the video proved to be a huge problem! At first the file was too big for vimeo, so instead of going back to the final cut pro I tried all my other options. I created a youtube account but was not receiving the confirmation email to move forward. Finally I asked my mom if I could use hers but she had forgotten her password, after 20 minutes of trying the same thing over and over again it worked. I was logged in and the uploading process started. according to the screen it should take about another three hours to upload :/

No comments:

Post a Comment